Inside Ring Holder

Sharpening Fixture Support

Quick Change Tool 

Various holding jig

Ball Vise Hex key handle 1st

Thank you.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
creative. quit the under taking. how strong are they. Say you created a torch wrench socket. How much torch would it take? Regardless, impressive. Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's fantastic! I would really like to have a 3D printer. That looks like so much fun.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
AWESOME! i've been a big fan/follower, and occasional user, of various rapid-prototyping technologies for almost 20 yrs. for those who need it and know how to apply it, it is incredibly useful. but people who think it is some day going to be an ubiquitous 'must have' machine in every home & office are dreaming. i cringe whenever i hear/read someone display their ignorance with: "well that's what they use to say about the personal computer!" the two technologies are not remotely analogous.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
What a great tool for making holding fixtures. You have made some very interesting fixtures and I enjoy trying to divine the purpose of each of them.

Perhaps you could post a photo with a number superimposed upon each fixture and we could have a contest to see who can most accurately guess the purpose of each fixture.

I have been encouraging my son to buy a 3-D printer, and he seems to be amenable. Whether he will have time to make fixtures for me is another issue.

Last edited:

DDBright

Akihiro,

Nice work. What brand is the 3D printer (obviously FDM type) and what CAD software are you using?

I have about 16 years CAD/CAM experience, and own a 3D printer (resin type for jewelry) and run another 3D printer for a place I have a bench setup. CAD programs can be very helpful for numerous applications. I do all my drawings for engraving in mine.

David

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been having fun with the little one the ever-indulgent wife got me this summer but I haven't made as many useful engraving toys (yet).

Yours look great! Are any of them posted anywhere (.stl files)?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been having fun with the little one the ever-indulgent wife got me this summer but I haven't made as many useful engraving toys (yet).

Yours look great! Are any of them posted anywhere (.stl files)?

Steve,

That's basically true anyone can just share the file and then you have the proper equipment you can just print it out yourself can't you?

Saludos,

Carlos

Hi,Leonardo.

Yes, I tried a few times when I was using the ABS resin.
ABS resin is very effective in acetone.
but, PLA resin is not valid acetone.

David,

I am using cube 3D(FDM) of 3D Systems.
I designed by using MoI(CAD) and CINEMA 4D(CG).
I am for ten years experience, and am also useful for the current work!!

Latest posts

Sponsors