Question: What are your skills related to engraving?

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Skills pertaining to engraving ????
Very much lacking I'm afraid,currently cutting practice plates and nickels. I, like Beathard am a jack of many trades and master of none. I live be the sage words of REDGREEN," If the ladies don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy".
Here is the short list.
Welding (tig, gas and arc)
Wood carving in the round and relief and making carving knives.
Oil painting ( 30 years ago)
Hobby machinist (great for tool making )
Cabinet making , furniture, finished stairs etc.
Wood turner
Fly tier and fisherman.
Light gun smithing ( scope mounting, barrel crowning etc.)
Hand loader and competitive shooter, air, pistol, rifle and shotgun)
Best asset: Perseverance and confidence that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

My belief is that if someone else can do it I can do it , if it's broke and can be fixed , I can fix it, if it's made of metal or wood ,I can make it . My tool philosophy is: money is never wasted on a tool if you use it once, and it's better to be looking at it than looking for it. Hence my over crowded shop.
I am hoping to take the longest resume possible into the after life.
Cheers
Don

Hey Sam,
Do you know anything about ceramics? I used to collect cookie jars. I remember seeing some attributed to someone with a name similar to yours.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hey Sam,
Do you know anything about ceramics? I used to collect cookie jars. I remember seeing some attributed to someone with a name similar to yours.

Yep. Back in the day I made limited edition cookie jars under the name ALFANO ART POTTERY.
I used to collect them as well. Still have a few of my favs.

Latest posts

Sponsors