Pledge Membership...or the lack thereof...

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to Sam and moderators for running the Cafe.

Sam, could you remind how to become as Pledge member, please?

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Check out the first sticky thread. The instructions will get you to the Pay Pal screen and your on your own from there.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Holy &$%@. I'm amazed that less than 100 of us help to support this site. Can't remember if it's been a year or not so I just re-upped for the sake of it. As forgetful as I am Sam, the site may do better without reminding me at my terms end. Every couple of months I start to wonder when the last time I donated was!
As always, thanks for facilitating a place for all us knuckleheads to bat ideas around.
Layne

ahenson

Using a Credit or Debit Card with PayPal

I didn't see anyone mention this, so I thought it might be helpful. PayPal has had this option for several years, but many don't notice the small link.

I have highlighted where to click so you can pay with your credit or debit card. You are not required to have a PayPal account.

I know some of you do not like to use PayPal directly, so this is an option to just use them as a payment processor and no more. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• PayPal-Sam.jpg
    PayPal-Sam.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 165

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i've been following this thread since its inception (obviously!) and i was wondering if there'd be any objections to Sam having an annual pledge week, ala PBS, minus the annoying beg-a-thon ads showing earnest volunteers diligently manning the phone bank. maybe just keep the pledge drive thread at the top of the list in bold for a week? possibly throw in some sort of inducement like a free download of an instruction video or something for folks responding during the week?

whaddaya think, Sam?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
at $25 you get a choice of the tote bag or coffee mug. both stolen from the local Starbucks...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
i've been following this thread since its inception (obviously!) and i was wondering if there'd be any objections to Sam having an annual pledge week, ala PBS, minus the annoying beg-a-thon ads showing earnest volunteers diligently manning the phone bank. maybe just keep the pledge drive thread at the top of the list in bold for a week? possibly throw in some sort of inducement like a free download of an instruction video or something for folks responding during the week?

whaddaya think, Sam?

Thanks for the interesting idea. I'll give it some thought.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would be really in favor of the free down load(s) of your choice at increasing increments. Since you already have then available, not much skin off your nose and definitely a win win for the whole community.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I chatted with Sam a while back to find out when mine was due, He said he thought the software would notify. I appreciate this thread as I had not noticed mine is due. Has to wait for the 3rd SS check though. Fred

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Undoubtedly some will consider this out of line and not only has Sam NOT made any mention of this to me, he may well delete this thread, but I'm going to say it anyway:

There are some people who are constantly & continuously taking full advantage of the benefits of this website, but who are TOO D*** CHEAP to pony up a few bucks so Sam can keep it up & running. C'mon, folks- a few of you are using this as a full time classroom and gallery space without even spending the buck or two a week that a $50 or $100 annual pledge amounts to. The value of information on this site vastly exceeds the cost.

From here on out, here's the deal: If somebody who hasn't chipped into the kitty posts for advice once and I have something useful to contribute, I will reply the first time. However, if they come back for more free instruction, that's it. Until I see a "Pledge Member" tag by your name I'm not typing another word to help you.

And no, I'm not getting a nickel out of this, just tired of the freeloaders abusing the privilege.

Back to the top. Time again to remind those people who like to glean free information from this website and advertise their wares yet don't reach deeply into their pockets to fund it... NOW is the time to do it! No excuses... JUST DO IT!

Steve L S

Thank you for the reminder.I have been researching the forum regarding my problems with optivisors, watchmakers eyeglasses, hand held loupes, magnification spectacles etc - they all give me a sore back and shoulders and headache. Someone bought dental eyeglass loupes of 4.5x magnification but sold them off because they were too heavy on the bridge of the nose and you have to keep your head rock solid to use them. Someone else said you can get headband style ones and go for lower magnification - this is what I will try before going the route of a stereo zoom microscope. To me this information from those whose profession is engraving is priceless
Steve

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just renewed mine again. Looks like subscription is available again so I don't have to remember to do it manually. :thumbsup:

Sponsors