Calligraphy

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok folk, pictures as promised

Here are some pictures of different results from different pens... the pens are in order of the writing they did.

You have to start with brand new pens with steel nibs cut most of the way up to flex, vs a hundred year old pen with gold flex nib.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Noodlers Ahab and creaper pens have ebonite feeds which can be heated and remoulded countless times to make them feed faster or slower with the ink. You can also pull the nib and feed out of the pen and adjust which is out further which changes how fast the ink feeds... a good pen designed to be played with... You can also put other similarly shaped nibs into it which is cool if you have old flex pens with quality gold nibs etc.

Goulet pens have some reviews and videos worth watching on the workings...

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Bonjour Danae

Despite I don’t see my name in your list;) I find your hand writing very nice.:)

I know that fountain pens can produce nice writing but if you’re looking for very thin hairlines and bold downstrokes, try with a dip nib and with iron gall ink

You can find it at Paper&Ink Arts : http://paperandinksupply.com/mcaink.html

Attachments

• P1100747.jpg
    P1100747.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 178

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks

Hey thankyou

I know you will always get better results from a dip pen... but you can't carry one in your pocket.

Thankyou for your writing sample.

Your script is absolutely beautiful

Danae.