Announcement: Knife Engraving Kits

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Castings are the next best thing to "being there" - at a live class with Chris...

Nothing printed on paper nor seen on a screen can beat holding a casting in your hand and studying it under magnification.

Very reasonable price for what you'll be learning! Plus you can choose a level you are comfortable with...

XMas is coming. Learn a LOT, engrave a coupla gifts and keep the castings on your bench to motivate you.

Brian

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
where was all this cool stuff when i was trying to learn to engrave? some days i look at my work and think i could still use this...

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks Chris, that's a cool deal. I just ordered a couple and the castings alone would be reason enough to order.

Todd

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree. The kit would be a good deal without the knife, just for the study. Getting a knife you can do your copy of the engraving on should really pump up the already high learning value.

Going to keep this on my list of potential Christmas presents.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Why Mitch, how can you say that...we had Prudhomme's book and what more could one wish?

funny you mention that... John Rohner had arranged for the library at CU-Boulder to have a copy, but by 1980 it was already out of print, so they kept it in the 'rare books' room. if i wanted to look at it, i had to go sign in and practically get strip-searched to make sure i wasn't carrying an ink pen- only pencils allowed. you kiddies thought i was kidding in my interview when i talked about how hard to come by good study material was before the internet!

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
I just really want one of these.:biggrin:

Maybe a fantastic way to learn how it is done, without actually seeing and study an original engraving

But, when I tried to order, I got a message saying that the item can not be sent to my shipping adress in Norway:(

Do you think there is another way to order this kit?

Regards

Jørn-Ove

mrthe

Chris one question for us oversea is difficult recive items with knifes, will be possible have a set of just the 3 castings?
I will be very happy to add them to my colkection.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello! I programmed the website for a casting combo last night. You can now purchase all 3 castings together without any knives or gravers for $100. Each casting is also individually available for $40.

Jørn-Ove, I believe I fixed the problem with shipping to Norway. If it continues to not work then I will look further. = )

If you are ordering from overseas and the website gives you a very expensive price then e-mail or call me and I will work out a custom shipping option for you. I didn't program the entire site from scratch (believe it or not I've been busy with other things) so the shipping options are limited to our 3rd party software processor.

Thanks!

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you very much Tira.

I will try to order later today when I get home from work:biggrin:

Sincerely

Jørn-Ove

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
The basic kit arrived today. Very nice, and as described. The knife surface looks ideal for engraving.

Now, how do I transfer the pattern on the casting to the knife?

Latest posts

Sponsors