Question: Barlow Lens Question

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
Bought a microscope but I keep hitting my knuckles on the ring light. Did a search and I'm seeing that at .5 Barlow lens should increase my working distance. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I hit submit on Amazon Prime.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think a -6 diopter (glasses lens) is what I used in place of a .5 objective Back a while.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
I also use a .5 barlow, I would like to try a .3, it seems like I mostly use the lowest magnification of the scope and sometime it would be nice to get a wider field of view. I suppose I could be using my optivisor but my scope is on a boom stand and not as easy to get out of the way as it would be on an acrobat stand.
Cheers
Don

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
I was wondering about field of view issues but for now I'm happy with smaller the better. I get a bit carried away when I'm zoomed out.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
it, (the.5) will double your working distance, that's good. it will also reduce the power of the scope. this reduction will serve most, if not all engraving. if that power reduction doesn't get what you want, simply buy higher power oculars. the oculars will boost the powe rand will not affect the working distance.

Latest posts

Sponsors