Question: Trouble in the Tips Archive

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
I've been reading the Tips Archive for a while, and I've learned that a lot of the posts have had their immages removed. The problem is that this renders a lot of the threads useless.

I realise that is is difficult to add the pictures back to the sites, but for the future, is it something that can be done to avid this problem?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
is it something that can be done to avid this problem?

The only thing that can be done is for members to UPLOAD images instead of hosting them on other sites. We have no way of retrieving images that have been deleted from other servers.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
These "disappearing" images occur because they were hosted by a third party site like Photobucket or Shutterfly. If the account is closed or images removed to clear space, the images will disappear here. On this site it is not necessary to pull images from a third party site like some forums. Here, you are able to take the image directly from your computer to this site.

I just went back and checked a tutorial I did six years ago to be sure the images were still there. Perhaps others could do the same.

RB

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
any foto posted as roger and sam mentioned will stay put. mine have never evaporated.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know if anyone is pointing to my images, I know some of mine are ofline. That because I quit using my UK2 net dedicated server after 10 years.
But I still have a copy and it ain't hard to put them back online as I still have a copy on my hard disk with the same folder structure.
It is just extra expense
arnaud

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors