Question: Templates for Colt Black Powder revolvers

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Does anyone know of any templates for Colt black powder revolvers?

I know Mike Dubber has templates but I didn't see any for BP just the single actions amongst others.

Thanks,

Bruce

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Are you looking for cap and ball or cartridge black powder?

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think that Mike Dubber's templates will work on BP revolvers, with some selective placement. At least that's what I planned to use my set on. I haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
I think that Mike Dubber's templates will work on BP revolvers, with some selective placement. At least that's what I planned to use my set on. I haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I was wondering about that. Let me know if you try it.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bruce,

I'm afraid you need to be more specific yet. There are many different models of C&B Colt. 1851, 1849, 1860, 1863, Patterson, Walker, Dragoon, etc.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Bruce,

I'm afraid you need to be more specific yet. There are many different models of C&B Colt. 1851, 1849, 1860, 1863, Patterson, Walker, Dragoon, etc.

Yes, I suppose I do need to be more specific. I really like the Colt 1862 Police model with the fluted cylinder in .36 caliber. I will most likely buy an Uberti version since the Pietta version is not an exact replica. It has a larger frame and the cylinder is 6 shot not 5 shot like the original Colt and the Uberti.

I love the style of this gun.

The Nimsche book has some of his smoke prints for the 1860 but I truly love the 1862 Police lines.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very interesting to have a look at this gun, please
I meant the 1862 Police lines, please

Latest posts

Sponsors