Obama Ivory Ban - Last chance to make a comment!

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's what I wrote if it helps

As it stands now, the proposals I've read are all way too heavy handed and all encompassing to the detriment of every law abiding person who owns anything made with ivory. Collectibles and antiques that have been legally traded since the founding of this country will be deemed illegal with the misguided stroke of a pen. This cannot be allowed to happen regardless of what the President wants. The person in that office doesn't always know what is best and frankly America doesn't want this regulation and he works for US, not the other way around.

We the people of the United States of America are not the problem as the bulk of illegal trade is mainly in other countries as you well know. As such, the focus should be placed on how to fix the problem of poaching at its root and not make knee jerk laws that harm Americans. This is unjust and illegal in my opinion so far. The laws as they currently exist are all that is necessary for America to "do our part" to curb the poaching by not being part of the demand for that market.

Making centuries old antiques, instruments, art objects and the like illegal in any way only harms us, and doesn't do one thing to prevent a poacher in Africa from trying to get wealthy off poaching.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have signed several,petitions and sent emails. Unfortunately this will be another illegal law,taking ,etc. My personal solution to this and all illegal ,unconstitutional laws ,regulations etc is to ignore them.
Yep I am Jack nobody just MTC

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My personal solution to this and all illegal ,unconstitutional laws ,regulations etc is to ignore them.

I wear a t-shirt that says "American Outlaw" on the front of it. On the back it says "The rifle is the weapon of our Republic. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the government – and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws!" :)

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
I have left my thoughts on the website provided by Doc...

Donny

Last edited:

Sponsors