Announcement: My First limited Edition Print

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"The Single Action" is an intaglio print done on Arches 100% cotton rag paper with the addition of chine-cole (which is an added, extra thin paper which gives the image the sepia tone).

The Plate:
I hand engraved the 6x12 steel plate with the Single Action and a little extra fluff besides, using my version of period style scroll to embellish this icon of the American West.
The larger scrolls are a little different & let me say, it's a challenge cutting patterns that large while keeping them smooth & flowing. Shading is liner cut with cross hatching & I used a punch dot for the background.
The plate is mild steel, size 6x12 & cuts like butter (almost too soft!).

The print:
The size of the printed image is 6x12; overall size is 20x22 (there's a 4" wide margin), and it's suitable for framing. The Single Action is about 70% of actual size.

The edition is limited to 50 hand pulled prints, signed and numbered.

This is the first edition & there will be more to follow!

If you're interested in acquiring a print contact me through the forum or, via my email. Available by the first of December 2014

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 688
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 696

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Looks great Weldon! Sign me up for a print and let me know the particulars. The Colt single action is indeed iconic and my favorite pistol.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad to see you do this Weldon. I'd like to see more of this type of printing done by other engravers. For many, this is as close as they'll ever come to having one of your engravings and will make at least 50 lucky people very happy. Nice job!
Layne

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon, cool!
Put me down for a print.
I am sure you will copy write it.....
Someone is lible to copy it and sell it as wall paper border.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Castings ! Castings ! Castings !

All in all a tremendous piece, Weldon. Your dad foresaw the future when he gave you your name.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon,

It is an amazing work, thank you for sharing this one

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have discussed this project with Weldon and am very happy to see it come to fruition. There were many challenges in doing a plate this size. As an example, imagine cutting three 12 inch long border lines perfectly straight and parallel, then do it again for the opposite border then do it over twice 6 inches long for the side borders (all with hammer and chisel). And that's only the tip of the iceberg!

Weldon's magnificent, engraved Colt SAA print is a tour de force of the engravers art and craft, something any serious engraver or Colt collector will treasure for years.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of my own piece of Weldon's art.

Cheers,

Roger

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lovely work Weldon! This puppy will sell out quickly, I'm sure! Decades ago I was really into printmaking and I still have a large press sitting unused in my home. Every year I say I'm going to clean it up and engrave a plate, but I never get passed the "thinking about it stage". I was into etching techniques before but engraved plates would be more in line with what I'm doing now. Are you pulling your own prints or having a local printmaker do the edition?

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon,

I am so inclined to be on the list for the print...But can I get a projected price to ensure the war dept. will allow the procurement to take place :)

And yes I wear the pants in the family...just after she hands them over !!!

Donny

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a teaser of another edition!
This ones 6x6. The large simple scroll element is filled with random engraving….kinda different!

WL

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 138

Latest posts

Sponsors