heel doubt

Marcelo

Elite Cafe Member
Hello dear gravers
, even seeing so many comments on the heel'm full of doubts. I have read many things that Mr. Sam Alfano, however some questions remain, I think many will be solvidas throughout practice, but rely on the help of the more experienced is always very good. could you show some pictures of how it should be a heel for a V graver 120?

Marcelo

Elite Cafe Member
I thank everyone for the kindness and promptness.
When Sam talks of measure 1/4mm he is referring to that dimension?
I have the dual angle GRS, but when I use do not have a satisfactory outcome. sharpened a graver freehand and had a better result, but I know it was beginner's luck and would like to see if I'm doing something wrong with the GRS system.seeing the video of Sam, hand push, I find myself with the nearest tool plate. I think this is connected to the angle of the heel, however sharpened the dual angle as the manual says.
Thanks

Marcelo

Elite Cafe Member
I thank everyone for the kindness and promptness.
When Sam talks of measure 1/4mm he is referring to that dimension?
I have the dual angle GRS, but when I use do not have a satisfactory outcome. sharpened a graver freehand and had a better result, but I know it was beginner's luck and would like to see if I'm doing something wrong with the GRS system.seeing the video of Sam, hand push, I find myself with the nearest tool plate. I think this is connected to the angle of the heel, however sharpened the dual angle as the manual says.
Thanks

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok just a heads up Marcelo does not speak English and is using goolge translate, he speaks portugués. He asked me for help but I'm not too familiar with the dual angle fixture if someone here speaks Portuguese it would be great if they can help him or just use translate to Portuguese would also be great.

Saludos,

Carlos

Marcelo

Elite Cafe Member
I thank the attention of all. can write in English, I can understand, but do not write well.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When you look at your graver, the heel should be a very fine, very shiny line, about as wide as a hair. The 1/4mm is the width of the heel.

Marcelo

Elite Cafe Member
I'm trying to do the heel on a diamond lap 1200 How should I proceed? as I should rotate the abrasive disk to do something so thin?

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcelo,

The Sam's video is the best explanation, it is not expensive video and you can find a lot of useful things. Better to see once than hear a hundred times, believe me! ;)

Latest posts

Sponsors