Engraved Colt Python

gcrjr

Good afternoon.
I am totally ignorant about engraving so
I am hoping someone might recognize the engraving on this Python.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
GR

Attachments

• IMG_3722 (1).jpg
    IMG_3722 (1).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 392

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
Goes to show you that you can ask any amount of money for engraving, however, the actual amount you may realize may be far from the asking price! It's just a bit over priced. It should be $11,499.95. Lol

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think someone read somewhere that the "master" engravers charge triple digits per hour and their friend or mom told they were a master and they charged accordingly. They were also a bit slow at completing the work.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Perhaps Nimsche came back from the dead and engraved this piece!

It would justify the price and would be truly one of a kind...

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After seeing the price asked, my wife says I'm not making enough and she wants a bigger cut!!!

Bill

pinkjewel

I've seen some pretty hefty asking prices on some pistols lately- just haven't seen that many buyers...

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
I worked for manufacturers which triple the cost of my work to their customer, 30% to 100% markup is not unusual. At some point engraving is a commodity which is to say that the value of a final product is what clients are willing to pay regardless of the quality of the of the work. Anyone can do a good Nimschke scroll but only an original will command a high plus value.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Using bench mark formula to price engraving is risky unless they have a no complete clause which I really can't see free lance engravers doing unless they keep that engraver very very busy. Some of the Colt Master might sign such a contract or someone like Phil Coggan, Marcus or Ken Hunt or Tony Galanza (sp).This was obviously done by someone of lesser skill or a famous engraver early in their career Who might pay a lot to get it off the market. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors