Advice regarding air power gravers

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
I have the 901 and Magnum handpieces, I do all of my brightcutting with the 901 and use the Magnum for inlaying and background removal on steel work. I have used the Enset and it is a good machine. I think it is more suited to stone setting, I like the fact that with the GRS equipment, you can set the strokes per minute and the power can be regulated by the foot or hand pressure during the cut or hammering. With other equipment, the power is set but the strokes per minute varies with force used. It does not suit my hand or engraving style to have this happen as it is hard to control the cut when the revs increase with more force. I like more power with more force. Ty.

mrthe

I agree with Brian , i have all the 3 systems in my workshop , and all have some nice features, i have my favourite system but by the way i will not want sell you nothing, if you can try them before will be the best because maybe for me one is the more versatile of the world and for your way to work is the less good.
By the way if you like the GRS , my advise is start buy the 901 and try it if cover all that you need, from my point of view for stone setting and fine engraving on rings is enough, then if you need less power buy a monarch, if you need more power buy a Magnum ;)

Last edited:

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
TyG,

The Enset plus has 2 modes with the plus mode you can set the strokes per minute and the power is regulated by your foot as you describe is your preference. In the other mode the strokes per minute increase as you push the pedal . You can also use the one hit feature. The Enset plus allows you to choose .

Chris

Edward Soye

Ok so I looked at the enset closer and I like what I see, I will be doing mostly setting so I will give them a call in the morning. I am thinking that I might get the GRS with the 901 hand piece as well

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
Let me make one more comment here. I read earlier there was some concern about the customer service you would receive from engraver.com . Let me just give accolades to the entire engraving community for their kindness and customer service. I have made purchases from GRS, Lindsey, Engravers Studio ( now most products are on engraver.com,) N Graver, and Engraver.com . There're all AMAZING when it comes to customer service.
I could say more but hopefully this calms you... I have all three, and I love the En Set as I stated earlier in a earlier reply, but the only bad choice you can make is to not choose.
Good luck whatever you decide. K Frei

Gun Nut

Elite Cafe Member
I have the Enset and a GRS system. If you can afford both, get both. I like having both.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
I`m aware all systems/handpieces vary abit..but it does take abit of time to fully get the most out a tool & all the it`s various power settings.
I`d say get one system & fully get used to what it can be capable of before deciding you need something else too.
Basically it`s the piston weight that makes the difference & two of the systems allow you to swap them out.

I quite like the idea of the enset but it was`nt out when I went shopping & I can`t justify 2 systems.

Last edited:

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Let me make one more comment here. I read earlier there was some concern about the customer service you would receive from engraver.com . Let me just give accolades to the entire engraving community for their kindness and customer service. I have made purchases from GRS, Lindsey, Engravers Studio ( now most products are on engraver.com,) N Graver, and Engraver.com . There're all AMAZING when it comes to customer service.
I could say more but hopefully this calms you... I have all three, and I love the En Set as I stated earlier in a earlier reply, but the only bad choice you can make is to not choose.
Good luck whatever you decide. K Frei

I'm not a good engraver but I am a experienced consumer, and I have never seen an industry before with such a wide ranging culture of impeccable customer service in terms of the high degree of knowledge; what appears to be a universal standard of honesty, data integrity and experience based recommendations; not to mention the human factors of helpfulness, patience, friendliness, etc. If only healthcare had the same standards!

Edward Soye

Ok so I revised my order from GRS and now I can add the Enset plus. I thank you for the replies and I feel inspired that I will one day be asking for critique from this forum and it is great to have place to go to.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Edward,

Enset plus is amazing aggregate, you never regret about it.

Edward Soye

Received my GRS order Friday late and had Canadian thanksgiving weekend, so I ducked out on my family holiday Monday to start setting up my new tools and worked on it today and everything seems to be working and tomorrow I am going to get to work and see it in action, I went with the 901 hand piece and am waiting on the enset until my laserwelder is here and then I will see what's left, fingers crossed I will be able to order it next month. Then my wife will revoke my spending privileges for a long time.

Edward Soye

Have everything set up and have done a few smaller projects and all I can say is WOW why did I wait so long, the GRS is amazing and it is great for setting the metal just moves so nice, just did 13 heavy high nickel 14 karat white gold bezels and under the scope to see what I am doing and effortlessly setting coloured stones. Minutes per stone I mean this is amazing. Tomorrow I will start a nice platinum eternity band and I can't wait. I also have my videos and practice stuff so I hope to start learning the engraving over the next couple of years. My confidence is at an all time high with this machine, that being said I should go break something just to get past it.