Kimber project

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
Finished this a few weeks back and thought I'd post a few pics for you all to see. Enjoy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 388
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 384

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
Here's a pic of the top, sorry I didn't include it before.....I'm kinda new to this tech stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 351

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a very interesting style of building scroll. Quit out of the ordinary. Your use of the symmetrical leaf patterns creating what appear to me as butterflies and then bring your main scroll line out of the center or in some cases two scroll lines creating antennae is unusual, innovative and pleasing. It is always nice to see new design styles emerging.-Fred

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Fred! I worked for a couple of weeks on the development of this particular pattern. I first cut it on a spoon handle and made it into a ring for my daughters birthday present. I prefer to create my own patterns and have a number of others in the works that are coming together well. Again, thanks.

krist003

That is beautiful. I don't think I have seen a scroll pattern like that, but I love it! Thanks for sharing.

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
Pretty neat... and unconventional... creative. The background is pleasing and well done too.

Gun Nut

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work. Best engraving I have seen on Kimber. The inlay stands out nicely.

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks all for your compliments and likes. The scroll pattern is my own development. I actually bought the pistol for my wife's CCH but she thought it was too heavy so I litened a bit and bought her a different pistol. It's for sale and if I don't sell it, it'll be a show piece.
Again, thanks to all of you for your compliments and comments!

Latest posts

Sponsors