Help, please: Grs graversmith vibrating

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
yep considered normal, according to Rex, but I still have to check I believe a seal / washer inside haven't had a chance to do it

Saludos,

Carlos

Last edited:

glstrcowboy

Elite Cafe Member
Congrats Carlos. I thought you already had a full house. You must be a glutton for punishment!

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos, my old Gravermax classic has made that same noise for all years that I have had it. What makes the noise in mine is the motor that turns the rotary valve, the faster the SPM the more noticeable the hum, also if the unit is on without air pressure, the hum is a bit louder. I have checked the motor, and have cleaned the valve multiple times over the years, and the noise is still there, but does not effect the operation of the unit.
Of course you could always turn the music or t.v. up, then you won't hear it at all. ;)

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos. I am guessing it was a "resonating" noise you had from it resting against something or the gravers sitting on top.
Mrthe. There is no "shipping screw" in the Graversmith. Only in the Mach/Max machines.

mrthe

Ah ok i was thinking that have the same system and was possible that during the shipment something can move and produce the noise

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos,

I have at the same problem. Let me know the solution when you find, please. Thank you in advance.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I believe it has something to do with the phase of the moon...

When the moon is full - it makes noise.

When the moon is not full - it still makes noise...

Brian

Or, in Carlos's case... he can't hear the noise when the big screen is filled with cheerleaders - and his attention is temporarily diverted.

Last edited:

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doug,

Thank you very much for your useful advice. Very strange, but it works !!!