Help, please: Grs graversmith vibrating

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I did not make this noise when I got it last week, but I noticed it today, I'm lost here not sure what it is, any help appreciated.

Watch "grs graversmith problem" on YouTube
grs graversmith problem: http://youtu.be/CUI6B9pQShc

Saludos,

Carlos

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What do you have the pressure set to going into the smith? What do you have it set to going into your 901?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
35 40 in around 20 to 901, tuned it according to manual, started out working fine did not make that noise and that started yesterday

Saludos,

Carlos

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm wondering how you can engrave with a huge TV in front of you like that :::shudder:::

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm wondering how you can engrave with a huge TV in front of you like that :::shudder:::

I LOVE SPORTS...it's actually one of my reasons I like to engrave, my girls are always playing indoors and I can't watch my sports in peace, so I head out back to the man cave/shop to watch sports and engrave, (maybe that's why I take me so long to finish a project) always watching tv.

Am sure you guys will have other creative reasons on why it makes that noise, going to call GRS see if Rex can help.

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos: My Graver Mach AT also does that. The faster you run the SPM the louder it gets. Maybe your running your unit too fast. I run mine at about 2300 to 3300 for general engraving and 4200 for matting backgrounds. I also listen to the radio while i work so it is not that noticeable. I have my incoming air pressure set at about 45 psi, and GRS recommends a minimum 45 psi to 60 psi. I think what your hearing is the motor that drives your rotary valve.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
My eyes are on my work when I am at the bench...

My ears are free. Radio, MP3 music, lectures/educational & occasional audiobooks are playing all the time in the background. (NOT all at the same time!)

Constant dog (or cat) companions for when I need to stretch by going outside "when it's time".

And they are handy when I need to discuss problems or brilliant new ideas with a sentient being. Majority vote rules...

Brian

Don't own a TV. Never have. No time and my own life is interesting/complicated enough! Rarely have enough time to watch a movie on the computer.

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Betcha if you unplug it, it won't do that!

Are you saying that this "vibration" just recently started? Or that this noise has been present since you took it outta the box and hooked it up? Or that you are surprised that it makes noise?

Brian

hahahaha your funny Brian, it started doing that yesterday, talked to Rex he said I should be fine, but still asked me to check the internals, but that I should not worry.

Thank you all for your funny comments and help, I always like a good laugh.

Saludos,

Carlos

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
scrap the tv ! that's the source of the noise. put on some classical music , bluegrass, of some nice jazz. you'll feel much better. i'd advise the mjq or maybe some gatemouth brown, just to get you in the mood.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
scrap the tv ! that's the source of the noise. put on some classical music , bluegrass, of some nice jazz. you'll feel much better. i'd advise the mjq or maybe some gatemouth brown, just to get you in the mood.

... or John Coltrane or Coleman Hawkins...

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

What kind of mood? I need to stay away, my wife is already pregnant, I'll play some Cash then

Saludos,

Carlos

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Psy trance should work?

Progressive Psytrance Mix 2014 - YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gp51lt9kdA

Brian

Uh, oh - I forgot... that's the music I put on to clean the shop... don't watch it on yer big screen, you'll still be in front of the screen next week!

And your shop won't get cleaned... but it will solve at least one of your other problems?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors