Foster Coat of Arms (deep!)

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Forster Coat of Arms (deep!)

Hi - Picked this up recently, thought it was pretty incredible. If you look closely you can see the chisel marks; appears to be a transfer plate? The depth of the piece is .1"; the piece sits on a plate. Thought it might be added to the gallery. (this is not my work; nor could I find a signature to give proper credit.) I apologize in advance for my poor "milk jug" photograhy. The height of the crest itself is a tad under 2.5". Foster Coat of Arms.jpg

Last edited:

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
hahahaha Right you are, missed that consonant. I really do apologize for the photo; there's so much more detail I just can't get!

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"In Northumberland, on the north-eastern coast, midway between Bamborough Castle and Dunstanborough Castle, for instance is a village known as Beadnel, but called by its seafaring inhabitants Beadlin. It has a wide and spacious green with a church bordering on one side of it, and a row of small stone houses facing them on the opposite side of it. One of these small houses has the date 1636 deeply cut on the lintel of the door. Over the next doorway is a coat of arms, with the motto "Redde diem" carved in stone." The Builder, Volume 46 March 22, 1884

Latest posts

Sponsors