RAB Engraved Colt

Runingfool

A newly manufactured Colt is not in the same category of workmanship as once was. Perhaps the engraved marks on the gun fit. What a shame

Dragonsfire

The really sad part is, somebody will buy that for the price and feel like they bought something special. My engraving isn't museum grade, but that is just sad.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For some unknown reason, this "Custom Engraved" 1911 did not sell. As a matter of fact, it apparently received NO BIDS whatsoever! I'm at a loss.....

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For some unknown reason, this "Custom Engraved" 1911 did not sell. As a matter of fact, it apparently received NO BIDS whatsoever! I'm at a loss.....

I bet everybody thought it was just too pretty to ever carry and they couldn't bear the thought of leaving it hidden in their safe either.

D'Angelo

Hi Brian! How are you! Yes, I'm still around and still engraving full-time from my home, busier than ever with a back-log of about 2 years. I have been out of the loop with the forums for some time, but stumbled upon this one today. I engraved in Roger Beaupre's(RAB) gun shop a few years back, while awaiting for all the ducks to line-up with proper licensure. While engraving from his shop, he showed an interest in engraving, and I showed him the basics. Once he felt comfortable enough, he began to engrave firearms. Although not ready, he chose to sell his work against my best and honest advice, and I will not allow this to be a reflection on my reputation. Collectors who know and value quality know where to look. However, with that said, there's a market for everything and everyone's definition of quality will vary.

Last edited:

D'Angelo

What a travesty.....In 8 hours, I could teach anyone with no experience to engrave better than this.

I doubt that Brian!!...Yes you can teach anyone to engrave, but not everyone can be an Engraver. You either have Artistic ability to put all together or you don't!!

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
For all who want to learn the Art of Engraving and want to engrave firearms be come an artist first,take art class's go out of your way.In the old country that's the first thing a young engraver must learn,then it on to practice plate and after a four year apprenticeship they are able to engraving firearms,so stop kidding yourself it an art start drawing and it will pay off in the end.That my 2 cents. J.J.

D'Angelo

For all who want to learn the Art of Engraving and want to engrave firearms be come an artist first,take art class's go out of your way.In the old country that's the first thing a young engraver must learn,then it on to practice plate and after a four year apprenticeship they are able to engraving firearms,so stop kidding yourself it an art start drawing and it will pay off in the end.That my 2 cents. J.J.

Exactly!!!!^^^^^

Sponsors