RAB Engraved Colt

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Quite frankly I think it ruins the gun. My opinion. Others may love it.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Quite frankly I think it ruins the gun. My opinion. Others may love it.

I agree! The pistol has been ruined. Pure crap. I Googled RAB Engraving and found they are using a IS7000 Gravograph engraving machine. A machine like that might be OK for cheap production trophy plate "engraving" but to use it on a Colt is an atrocity in my opinion. :mad:

krist003

I figured I was not alone. Ruined a perfectly good firearm.

That is what I was expecting to hear, but I thought the design was very strange as well. Is that an actual style of hand engraving that they were trying to mimic?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger advertises himself as a hand engraver that is a student of Wayne D'Angelo. The dealer is a very reputable dealer.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And that started out as a very valuable gun. They sell for 1800+ without engraving all the time.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I *****ed about the laser "engraving" that I struggled to remove from my Mossberg O/U in a prior thread. This travesty on a fine 1911 makes the Mossberg's' laser engraving look like Winston Churchill's finest.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think they were trying to do something like English scroll. Apparently all they've heard of it, but the only time they saw it was a small photo they looked at from across the room.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
This is the first time I've seen doodling on a firearm. J.J.

HAHA!!:banana: Now that was funny!

If that thing sells for that price Im gonna quit my day job and start doodling on guns full time!!!!:hammer:

Donny

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors