A couple of Sypdercos

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Recently finished these two folders for a local customer. The Spyderco Endura was engraved as a gift for his boss, while the slightly smaller stainless steel Spyderco Delica was his own knife that his boss liked to borrow a lot! Now they each have their own knife! These are the first Spydercos that I have engraved and the stainless cut better than I thought it would. Used mostly a 116 along with my NSK presto for background removal and texturing. Also used Sam Alfano's monogram letters which the customer requested.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for your nice comments. Means a lot to me coming from other engravers because you all know that hand engraving is not an easy thing to do.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
I like them both , but am partial to the RK one, Like the way the the two lines pull the scrolls together and the way the scroll forms part of the border. Amazing how so few lines can change the look of a piece. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Don

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Don! I agree about the lines making a big difference. In this case the client wanted me to make his bosses knife (RK) stand out a bit more and that seemed to do the trick without racking up too much more design time.

Sponsors