dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
""Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits. It came from an era where it was the norm to learn how your weapon operated and to practice that operation until it became second nature, not to design the piece to the lowest common denominator. It came from an era in which our country tried to supply its fighting men with the best tools possible, unlike today, when our fighting men and women are issued hardware that was adopted because of international deal-making or the fact that the factory is in some well-connected congressman's distract. Yes, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the 1911 IS an outdated design... and that's exactly what I love about it.

I read this online thought others might enjoy.

Saludos,

Carlos

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Carlos,John Browning designed some of the finest firearms ever made,I have three Browning A-5 two Browning high powers,Colt 1911 Remington Model 81 in 300 Savage,Browning BLR in 243 and a Win.High Wall in .22lr. J.J.

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
""Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits.

If you read it online... it must be true. :rolleyes:

I'd say the 1911 is the most popular pistol ever produced in the history of the world, so far. Everybody owns at least one.

I guess the same could be said for the Colt SAA. Some may say it's outdated but there has never been another single action revolver that can take it's place.

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
HI, what is the "outdated" part of the 1911? Mine all work fine and do the job. Much of the "new stuff ' just does not cut the mustard.

scott99

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
HI, what is the "outdated" part of the 1911? Mine all work fine and do the job. Much of the "new stuff ' just does not cut the mustard.

scott99

I dont know, the date? I guess comparing it to the new polymer guns, with hi tech laser sights, who knows.

Saludos,

Carlos

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i hope to be in the next life when the 1911 becomes "outdated". as dakota doc said (more or less) there will never be a mousetrap to equal the saa or 1911

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
there will never be a mousetrap to equal the saa or 1911
I guess that depends on what the ultimate purpose of the gun will be, doesn't it? As manufactured, all guns serve the same purpose.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos,John Browning designed some of the finest firearms ever made,I have three Browning A-5 two Browning high powers,Colt 1911 Remington Model 81 in 300 Savage,Browning BLR in 243 and a Win.High Wall in .22lr. J.J.

I love my Hi-Power! I don't think I will ever get rid of mine... and mine has those evil hi capacity mags as well! LOL

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
I am sorry, but I can not see the beauty in one of those polymer guns like a Glock. I love the look and feel of a nice Colt 1911. To me they have nice curves and style. I will stick with the 1911.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I LOVE 1911s. I know the gun inside and out. I could assemble one from parts blindfolded. They are a beautifully engineered design and lovely to hold and shoot. That being said, I would carry my Springfield XDM 9mm if the zombie apocalypse came. It's not pretty. It's made of plastic. But, like the Glock, you could run it over with a tank, bury it in mud and set it on fire and it would still go bang.
On the flip side, I never look at my XDM like it was a pretty girl. My 1911 is darned pretty. (almost too pretty to engrave)
Layne

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Im always torn 1873 SAA or 1911. They are like potato chips ya cant have just one. That's the only trading that I will do . 1911's and SAA.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I LOVE 1911s. I know the gun inside and out. I could assemble one from parts blindfolded.
I don't know what they do now, but we trained exactly that when I was in the Army. It was a timed test. Blindfolded, you had a minute each to disassemble and reassemble the gun. The purpose was to simulate field stripping it in the dark without having the spring disappear into oblivion.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
I love my Hi-Power! I don't think I will ever get rid of mine... and mine has those evil hi capacity mags as well! LOL

Those evil hi cap mags are a lot less evil north of your border ,here in Canada we have to pin them to 10 rounds max. It's amazing how LESS evil they are with that aluminum rivet in them. Thanks to our Liberal government.
Cheers
Don