MicroMark resource

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are a great resource for tiny tools. Their claps were of particular interest to me and have bought many other things as well. Thanks Brian for refreshing the link. Fred

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
When you used the term, "MicroMark", something else came to mind other than the tool people. When I belonged to the AWI (American Watchmakers Institute), they ran a special promotion to obtain a special "punch", hand-pressure applied, that bore your unique watchmaker's number to be applied to some place within the watch for identification. It was to help with recovery in thefts, and the mark, much smaller than the date on a penny, was almost imperceptible to the naked eye. I don't know who the manufacturer was. This item was about the size of a short graver with a ball handle. Perhaps this kind of item the engraving fraternity might consider, when it comes to marking inside a firearm, and assuming it is capable of marking steel. It could be placed within the firearm in such places practically too small to be seen. Maybe some of you recall this item, if you belonged to the AWI?

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Important to do business with small specialty houses like MicroMark..... Maybe it will prevent them from being scooped up in the future by the Behemoth. When they bought Small Parts, they prompty chucked much of the low sales volume specialty items that made them both unique and inordinately helpful. I had to toss the last catalog they put out before the sale because it was just an exercise in sadness and frustration.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
MicroMark is where you can get a nice set of Proportional Dividers. There are some threads here where Fred explains why those are something you want to have.

Latest posts

Sponsors