Pencil portrait

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Sam,
keep practising, seems you get better slowly!:thumbsup:

Helga and I just came home from a trip to Norway- what a nice surprise it is to find your great drawing in the forum. Thank you! This brings back good memories of happy days in Emporia.
Especially do I appreciate that your set a good example! Hopefully some get inspired and do more drawing. It is essential for engraving, fun and quite rewarding too!
Best wishes, Martin

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
"Hopefully some get inspired and do more drawing. It is essential for engraving..."

Frank Hendricks once said that gun engraving is a two step process...being able to draw what you want on the gun and being able to cut what you draw. Sounds simple doesn't it!!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Sam. I want to PM you but can't figure it out. Send me in the right direction or contact me please.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't believe in human heroes but you sure as heck are a inspiration to a lot of people including myself.
I went to commercial art school and never have seen anybody better than that.

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
Nice picture. Not only because of the perfect lines, but because of the life you have managed to create in the caracters. That is, the way I see it, one of the most important things to do when making portraits.

Latest posts

Sponsors