Ruger Vaqueros

Aspen Filly

This is a set of pistols I engraved for a really nice lady in Idaho!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
Good stuff. More basic than a lot of the things you see on the forum, but I don't think that to be a negative thing. The important bit is that it looks good to the eye, and your engraving do have what I would call life. It simply works.

Can I ask what tools you used to do this?

Aspen Filly

Good stuff. More basic than a lot of the things you see on the forum, but I don't think that to be a negative thing. The important bit is that it looks good to the eye, and your engraving do have what I would call life. It simply works.

Can I ask what tools you used to do this?

I do quite a bit of engraving for the SASS cowboy shooters. Many times I am engraving in the field (basically set up either in my 6 x 10 cargo trailer or my travel trailer and engrave from early morning to night. Many do not want to spend a fortune but would like to have their guns dolled up a bit. I like the American old west style of engraving and really enjoy engraving. I try to achieve a pleasing finished product.
I have actually held off posting pictures here since I don't do the intense detail that most do here!

Aspen Filly

Tell us your thoughts on cutting the loading gate.
Todd

The loading gate is incredibly hard stainless!!! Since I engrave many in the field I tend to engrave more linear designs since points won't break as easily as when you try to carve scrolls.

Latest posts

Sponsors