Stainless steel spoon2

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You will make more money per hour engraving jewelry, softer metals, easier to color and you can create your own pieces with very few tools. While many if not most participants aspire to gun engraving I was making a living engraving logo's and knives for the plantations here. lots of harness parts and horse bits. Strictly production engraving. Enough creativity to satisfy me and very steady work. Because of health issues I have had to stop for now. I ticked off a couple of customers but that could not be helped. I have years at this and settled on this type of work because it was steady and dependable-plantation one-up-manship kept me busy. I keep a personal project or two on the bench to satisfy my limited creative side and am looking into other aspects of the trade to supplement my social security disability. There is a world of custom knives that welcomes new engravers can access as many knife makers are looking for new talent (which you have). Start with Spiderco knives. They run around $100 or so at your level of skill you can double or triple your investment and start to get noticed in the custom knife side of things. Keep your options open and don't worry about guns. Fred

Hi, Marrinan.
Thank you for your comment! !
There is a regulation of guns in Japan.
I do not allow you to engraving the gun in Japan,
I will create a world of my jewelry! !

maako

I work on Aircract for the US Marine corp on MCAS Futenmma. My study has been through the internet and just keep practiceingI had the pleasure of visitiing one of the Fega master engravers the last time I went to the states, some very good insight on the how and whys of things.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Larry Hopewell, the factory Weatherby engraver, spent time in Japan when Weatherby was manufactured there.
He tells how his Japenese coengravers would get up each morning, go out into their tea gardens and engrave for an hour before doing anything else.
Discipline ! Apparently Akhiro has the same genes. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Sponsors