Holder for Colt SAA

Raul Hinz

A few years ago I met John Barraclough in Houston NRA show and he
recommended a toll maker for holding my Colt SAA.
His mane is Carrill Rowles. after talking with him and surprising to be talking
with the nieces man in this industry, his prises are tremendously reasonable and wen
I got the product perfect, barell holing fixture, frame holding block, hammer block,
trigger guard block, loading gate block, backstrap plates, inserts for vice to hold screws
for engraving . It phenomenal ,and all for around 100.00 us

His company's name
Custom Engravers Tooling
5117 Browns Mill rd
Rustburg VA 24588

phone # 434-821-8694

ps I have Carrell Rowles permition to give his name and address
no fax or emall

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree Raul, Carrol Rowles tools for holding SAA parts are indespenable. His tooling has been the solution for engravers for over 20 years now.

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Just to back up the above advice, Carrol has been making these fixtures for years. Carrol was a close friend many years ago when I had my co in Rustburg. I would come up with a need for fixturing for a certain gun and Carrol would make a few for me. I handed them out to some of my staff and they would run them thru the mill. If there wasn't any need for change or improvement, he would make enough of them for the rest of the engraving staff. You'll nevr go wrong with one of his fixtures. I still use the ones made for me 20+ years ago. FWIW, Ken

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
A Quote from Raul Hinz

A few years ago I met John Barraclough in Houston NRA show and hi
recommended a tool maker for holding my Colt SAA .
His name is Carroll Rowles.............

Raul Hinz

Moved from "Engraved Colt SSA by Mike Dubber" thread and attached here.

Hi Raul.
I sure enjoyed the Houston NRA show that I did with my pal Ray Phillips from Ngraver Co.
That was when Ray got his award for 25 years displaying at the NRA annual show.
It was a great pleasure meeting you there and I have enjoyed seeing your posts here.
Mr Rowles made many jigs and fixtures for all the great engravers in Ken Hursts stable of folks.
Glad to hear that he is still doing his thing.
A lot of the designs were originated by Mr. Ken to hold the difficult parts without damage.
We all owe him a lot for the time and effort that these save us.
Take care of yourself Raul and best regards.

John B.

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the kind words Mr. John --- just had to have something to make life easier & not damage items being held. Believe me when I say, we really ran those fixtures thru the mill before getting them for everybody. I think we must of had 25 to 30 engravers on board at that time. The best of the bunch was Tim George, Lisa Tomplin and John Robyn. They all had one thing in common, they drew quite a bit, worked tirelessly learing to make Good basic cuts and never ceased to try anything I thru at them with enthusiam. It wasn't uncommon to have to run them out after work hours so I could lock up the building. Ken

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Colt SAA fixtures

I wrote Carrol Rowles a letter about a month ago and never got an answer. I wonder if he's still making the fixtures, etc.? I know this is an old thread but maybe someone knows for sure.

Thanks.

Joe

Hey Dakota-I don't know the answer to your question but I did just answer an ad in the back of the Engraver Magazine. Fred Bowen of Illinois sells holding fixtures for Colts. The ad has some powerful endorsments. I ordered a set. I emailed Fred at stagargent@yahoo.com So, are you getting ready to engrave a Colt? I just signed up for Mike Dubber's class on engraversstudio.com. I hope that you have been enjoying studying on line as much as I have been. The more I think about it the more amazed I am. Sitting here at the house and learning from Chris and now Mike. . . I mean , that's not a small thing. I consider it a huge opportunity.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Joe! I emailed him to see what information he has on his fixtures.

Yes, one of my main motivations to learning hand engraving is to do Colt SAA's (and other "cowboy" guns). That's my main interest as guns go.

Doc

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Just a note to say that Carrell Rowles is a true gentleman. I enclose a copy of his product & price sheets with each order for my fixture(s). I hope he has gotten some order because of it.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just a note to say that Carrell Rowles is a true gentleman. I enclose a copy of his product & price sheets with each order for my fixture(s). I hope he has gotten some order because of it.

I just sealed the envelope for the order I'm mailing him tomorrow. Thanks for putting his sheets in with the order that I received in the mail today. I've been accused of being a "tool collector" so I can't stop now. :yes

BTW... I called Carrell Rowles on the phone and had a good talk with him. He's an interesting fellow alright. I told him I'd announce that he's alive and well. Being he's on a dial-up internet connection and lives out in the woods... chances are pretty well nil he'll be on the forums any time soon.

Doc

Latest posts

Sponsors