My book was stolen

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ahhhhhhhh,

I took my American Engravers book to work and it was stolen from my desk, I'm so upset! I loved that book (in a loving book kind of way) I never thought I would be so upset over a book until now. .F+×₩! Sorry just venting.

Saludos,

Carlos

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos,
That should tell you to stop carrying your air graver to work,and "setting in the corner".
An inexpensive push graver will suffice for this kind of portable practice.
michael

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos put the word out to the guys that respect you that you have been hurt. One of those gang guys will get it back for you.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don't give up! You may still see this beautiful book again. Hopefully the person who took it will fully appreciate how valuable a book it is too you after they are done pouring over the many magnificent works of art that are contained within it.

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
No good comes from bad deeds. :) Just look for someone with lots of holes in their left hand.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I pulled a woman move,

to feel better I bought myself a 901 handpiece, women are onto something I tell you

I'll just have to buy another book, when who knows
Saludos,

Carlos

Last edited:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If a book is the only thing that ever gets stolen from you in your lifetime, consider yourself lucky. You have beat considerable odds.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There's a chance it was just borrowed without asking and will find its way back to you.

Hope that it does!

And if not, hope the perp gets what they deserve.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
My "American Engravers" book, 1980, autographed by Roger, is loaned to nobody as are none of my other books. Your experience reminds me of one that I had similarly, and it may ring a bell with you. In the early 80's, I worked for an old German in a tool & die shop. I was offered a wage more than 3/4 of the guys in the shop, because of my background/experience. Not long thereafter, I was told, by a younger guy I tutored, that the younger snots didn't like me being paid more than them, and they were thinking of sabotaging my car. . .jealousy, I suppose. They felt, apparently, that I needed 'time in grade', or some such thing. In your case, possibly, someone in your shop may feel the same, or maybe it's a kid that needs drug money. If an employee, I would suspect reasons somewhat like mine. It could be that your book will turn up, which I hope is the case. Too bad that you now have to consider locking up everything you own, which I do as a matter of course. Good luck!

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
JJ I'm in Texas, everyone does

Saludos,

Carlos

Not to make light of the situation but that was VERY funny!

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up one day. With that being said, I sure wouldn't take anything else you value in there.

At my work I could leave money on my desk and it would be there but alas probably different working environments.

Latest posts

Sponsors