Ramsés -Nefertari ( engraving for Milán)

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
The brown substance being 'drawn' on with the pen nib... is that a resist? Is there any chance of learning more about that process?

The technique is called "aqua forte" and used or taught in Fine Arts. The last century was used in Spain in cutlery, but was disappearing in the middle of the last century.
The brown ink is ink antacid. This ink can be bought already prepared in Fine Arts, although my family have our own preparation of the ink.
The technique is complex and needs many years of practice.
Poara learn more about this technique, you should read books on etching, used for intaglio.

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
Great work, truly! Wonderfull to see the progress. I also like the idea of familysecrets in this line of work. Going a good houndred years or so back in time this were common practise all over, and it does add a bit of mystery to the artform.

mrthe

I was studying this tecnique years ago when i was a student in the Academy of Fine Arts in Italy , i really don't like the " family secrets practice " that are in my humble opionion unluckly the reason of the " Dead" of a lot of techniques in Arts .
Luckly now we ha e Forums like this where people are happy to share knowledges , and thank to people like Antonio that share the process pics we can have an idea in how they are done amd people can point his interest in this type of art, thank you.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I want to clarify that it is not about family secrets.
* The "aqua forte" as practiced in the fifteenth century and initially started as an etching technique, less demanding than the burin technique.
It was later confirmed that it was not a secondary or second-level technique, learning was complex and needed a lot of experience.
Great geniuses of art history, raided the apendizaje this technique, initially applied to the intaglio (printing paper) and subsequently used in "weapons", "firearms", armor, etc ..... .....

**** To properly learn this technique, you need a direct instruction from a professional. Well used no dangers, but used the wrong technique can be a danger to the initiate or neophyte. There are many parameters that need proper control.
*** I think it's a technique that should be preserved and prevent its disappearance. It is a technique that nicely complements the beautiful burin technique.
Thanks and regards

Montejano

--------------------------
Yo deseo aclarar que no es cuestión de secretos de familia.
El " aqua forte" ya se practicaba en el siglo XV y comenzó inicialmente como una técnica de grabado , menos exigente que la técnica de buril.
Posteriormente se confirmó que no era una técnica secundaria o de segundo nivel , su aprendizaje era complejo y se precisaba de mucha experiencia .
Grandes genios de la historia del arte , incursionaron en el apendizaje de esta técnica , aplicada inicialmente en la calcografía ( estampación en papel) y posteriormente se utilizó en "armas blancas" , "armas de fuego" , armaduras , etc..........

Para aprender correctamente esta técnica , es necesario de una enseñanza directa de un profesional . Bien utilizaba no hay peligros , pero mal utilizaba la técnica , puede ser un peligro para el iniciado o neófito. Existen muchos parámetros que es necesario un control adecuado.
Yo pienso que es una técnica que se debe preservar y evitar su desaparición . Es una técnica que complementa muy bien a la bella técnica de buril.
Gracias y un saludo

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member

----------------------

--------------------

---------

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very, very good.
Is there any chance of learning more about that process? The same question as Dani Girl asked, please

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Hi there

I have answered the question of friend Dani.
* If you want to learn this technique properly without dangers, teaching a degree in Fine Arts or also reading textbooks, referring to the technique of "aqua forte" on intaglio necessary.

Montejano

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
, i really don't like the " family secrets practice " that are in my humble opionion unluckly the reason of the " Dead" of a lot of techniques in Arts .

Mrthe, I understand what you are saying, however, , , There are a number of ways of looking at the " family secrets " thing.
In business this is called " Proprietary knowledge" and it's highly valued. I don't think it is going to be forgotten or become dead.
Really, most people think in much the same way as other people,(incuding artists) if we all had the same knowledge, I think the arts would become more dull, rather than more interesting.
And that is the key to keeping it alive, keep it interesting.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Mrthe, I understand what you are saying, however, , , There are a number of ways of looking at the " family secrets " thing.
In business this is called " Proprietary knowledge" and it's highly valued. I don't think it is going to be forgotten or become dead.
Really, most people think in much the same way as other people,(incuding artists) if we all had the same knowledge, I think the arts would become more dull, rather than more interesting.
And that is the key to keeping it alive, keep it interesting.

---------------------

Hi Barry:
I share his words greatly.

* I think that every professional should evaluate what you want to share, but it is clear that professional competence should keep certain secrets, such as familial artistic heritage.
It's good that every professional engraving, have your own style and keep your secrets.
** I agree with Barry, saying that if all the professionals had the same level and the same technical expertise, engraving lose artistic level.
** On the other hand I am an advocate, that the time (eg the elderly), a professional should teach his technique without reservation, to leave a legacy for future generations.

*** There is always the possibility of personal growth and inspiration, looking at the beautiful works and styles of other professionals.

Thanks and regards

Montejano

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I finished the basic process of the Egyptian etching. I show some pictures of how it looks. The next step will be enameled certain areas of design (Ramses - Nefertari); occasional touches of gold and special graneteado or background shading.
It is quite working yet, but for now the basic process has been very good and this encourages them to continue with the finishing touches.
a greeting

Antonio

--------------------

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Antonio!
My biggest compliments for your work, is very interesting to see how do you use the "work space" on Leonardo knives :)
This year i should be at Milan knife show, hope to meet you there!
All the best, Ste.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I finished the Egyptian project and I show a video along with some pictures.

---------------------

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J--lcI6heRQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

--------

---------

------------

------------

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Watched several of your videos- thank you for providing them. Even with my short coming of not being able to understand your language they are very good information. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors