Critique Request Lion King:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Well after an hour of trying to get a clear photo this is the best I could get from my Canon Power Shot SX130.
I'd love to know what you fellows are talking about when you say "RAW" photos. Someone clue me in!!! ;~)
If I need a SLR I'm out of luck. All I have in that line is a SLR (film) I bought in Vietnam in 1969 and is in some drawer somewhere in the house hiding.

I had to blacken the background (.015 depth) with a Sharpy. I then photo shopped it using "Contrast." I know, the photo sucks, but it is what it is...for now. I plan on putting some scroll above his head, but as yet haven't begun that. Looking for suggestions.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not a critique, by any means--this guy appears to be thinking about who he's going to eat for lunch ! don't feel bad-- my photography is so lousy i'm hesitant to take a pic of anything i do. the last one i took of the mini ball vise sort of speaks to that end.
if i were to change anything, i'd lighten the left side a bit to allow a better contrast to the cat.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a somewhat better photo. I used the Sharpy because without it the whole thing kind of greyed out.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Not that bad of a photo...you will notice a shadow reflection off the lower half of the border, especially on the left side. Tilting the top of the item away from the camera just slightly, or moving the camera "down" to get the same effect will likely eliminate that shadow and make the lower part of the photo more like the good upper portion.

Andrew Biggs

When you take the photo try using a neutral background colour like medium grey or a very light colour...........Your camera is probably metering on the darker blue and therefore over exposing the lighter metal and therefore washing it out.

You can also try diffusing the light a bit better to avoid bright spots. Try a piece of tracing paper to diffuse the direction of the light source.

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
yeah- that's better. now yer cat looks like he's dressed to go to the opera !

Latest posts

Sponsors