Pictures of Albert Linsay"s Cased Gravers

Boris

Here are the pictures of Albert Lindsay's Gravers. There 65 of them, some with initials and some with home made cork handles. A really nice cased set. The box looks to be made especially for gravers. The bottom drawer contained misc handles, gravers, scraper and pencils, and some spare handles. Case is wood with dovetails, probably mid 1800s. case2.jpg case4.jpg case3.jpg case5.jpg case1.jpg

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh boy, what a nice and wonderful possession, this need go be cherrished, this is indeed a museum worthy item, fantastic found!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That is fabulous! I have some cork handled gravers too. What a treasure you have.

Boris

If you get a chance, Sam, I would love to see them. Did they use natural cork? Love this old stuff. Been collecting tooling for years and have a ton of it, from watchmakers lathes to a faceting machine. Not much one can not do in my hobby shop. I am casting a Bronze ornamental piece this weekend for a set of solid brass Andirons, circa 1850. I restore Antique Lighting and other stuff, except furniture. Not a wood kind of guy.

Thanks
Boris

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
beautiful. indeed. thanks so much for taking the time to do the fotos. a joy to see them. this can also be a lesson to newbies or wannabees: here's proof one doesn't really need expensive toys to ptoduce good art.

Latest posts

Sponsors