Churchill engraved floorplate on Gunbroker.com

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some of Winston's earlier work someone is trying to get his current work price for. One of the things collectors watch for and avoid. Fred

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I take it the seller is not an engraver or collector himself. I always love no reserve auction's that have a $3500 reserve. Curious to see if anyone bids on it.

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I take it the seller is not an engraver or collector himself. I always love no reserve auction's that have a $3500 reserve. Curious to see if anyone bids on it.

I may get proven wrong but, I don't think anyone will bid at that opening price. Especially with it being an unrated new seller. I'm thinking it's more in the $1500 range... maybe. Time will tell. I've found that if you start low you will attract more bidders and sometimes it turns out like a shark feeding frenzy with the bidding going higher than you figured it would go. There's always a risk to going too low and everyone has to decide that for themselves.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I may get proven wrong but, I don't think anyone will bid at that opening price. Especially with it being an unrated new seller. I'm thinking it's more in the $1500 range... maybe. Time will tell. I've found that if you start low you will attract more bidders and sometimes it turns out like a shark feeding frenzy with the bidding going higher than you figured it would go. There's always a risk to going too low and everyone has to decide that for themselves.

Doc: I agree. I think it's really overpriced. If it was some of Winston's better work it might be worth it. It'll be interesting to see what transpires.

Paolo: Yes, it's the same one.

Latest posts

Sponsors