Frizzi - Montejano ( engraving Viking )

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I started with the following joint work with master cutler L.Frizzi. This year in Milan Knife Show.
The first is to make a design in pencil, etching future. There may be slight variations on the fly, but I try to keep the initial idea.
The teacher Frizzi, asked me in this case an engraving inspired by the Vikings, or Norse.

For me really, it's costly to do pencil drawings or sketches of the engravings. When one takes on paper, it is understood that inspiration is not always present. Then transfer to the initial metal engraving idea less complicated to me mentally.

I was inspired by the Viking-style wood carvings, the Hylestad Church.

The carvings show various scenes from the legend of Sigurd FÃ¥vnesbane. The Sigurd and Regin, characters are part of this story.

I do not extend more and I have some photos of this sketch future sided folding knife Frizzi - Montejano and some pictures of the basic engraved on steel. Later, I will put some gold and sombrearé the background with my technique.
Regards
Antonio

I apologize for showing too many pictures in this post.

TO BE CONTINUED
------------------------

--------------

------------------

-------

------------------

---------

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
there were not "too many photos". i viewed this as a tutorial on how a great job starts on paper & finishes on metal. it is like evolution. whatever it's called, it's very interesting to look at.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
realy amazing !!!

what paint do you use to cover bevore etching ?
------------------------
My technique of "aqua forte" Montejano is traditional in the family since 1945.
** The technique appeared in the fifteenth century and whose origin in intaglio was developed in the cutlery until the mid-twentieth century.
** He disappeared in the middle of XX century Spain.
***** The Montejano family has maintained this tradition inherited from Toledo, Orthodox, artisanal and traditional way, as has been done in past centuries.
* The ink used in antacid and is ready ink is normally sold (in stores Fine Arts), with different components. Although the ink is sold in Fine Arts, is a very basic and improved ink.
The Montejano family, we prepare our own handcrafted ink antacid for private use. There are several antacid inks according to the requirements of professional "aqua forte."

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
As a Norwegian I feel sorta protective about our cultural heritage, but seeing your work makes me proud. At risk of sounding a bit dramatic, I will say that it warms my cold heart to see the old art come to life again. Keep ut the good work.

Oh, by the way. In this forum, I don't think there is sutch a thing as "to many pictures."

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
As a Norwegian I feel sorta protective about our cultural heritage, but seeing your work makes me proud. At risk of sounding a bit dramatic, I will say that it warms my cold heart to see the old art come to life again. Keep ut the good work.

Oh, by the way. In this forum, I don't think there is sutch a thing as "to many pictures."

Thanks for the comments. I try to respect my designs an important part of the essence of a style or culture. The Celts or Vikings designs seem very nice to play on an engraving.
* I try not to abuse the time to show many pictures in the forum. Most people on this forum, show a picture or two for work.
Regards

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Antonio,

Could you tell us, what a lacquer do you use?

Thank you for advance

Latest posts

Sponsors