Light painting fun

mrthe

Sam just curious,like i know that you own very nice old objects and tools ....what is this object near the black leather pad? a gun?

tools_1_setup.jpg

mrthe

Ah ok haha i was thinking was a old pistol or something like that,but is interesting too , why have this L shape?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ah ok haha i was thinking was a old pistol or something like that,but is interesting too , why have this L shape?

the black PVC fitting diffuses and softens the light. A bare LED is really harsh and bright.

mrthe

Thank you,never see one like this before, i have learned another new thing today!

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Where do I find the time? For one, I rarely watch television and am not interested in sports. If I'm not sleeping I'm engraving, drawing, doing photography or something fun :happyvise:

Im kind of the same, kind of, in this order Family to include all my girl events, engraving, sports, improve photography, amateur very amateur knife wanna be maker.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have the same one, was expensive 40 bucks for 2 I believe if I wold have known, I would just have made it myself, just wasn't sure on the picture he has.

I could have made 'em too, but chose to support the guy who has pioneered this technique. For the pics I'm getting now, that $40 was nothing.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
still at it

Latest round, getting better.

Sam,

Any tips greatly appreciated. Topaz so much to choose from, still trying to figure out that antique look.

Before I forget 3 exposures each.

duct tape rose 1.jpg
test duck 1.jpg

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Miss Abigail, If and when you get tired of all this Tom foolery that Sam is putting you through I would like to introduce myself forth width. I have, like Sam' enjoying travel but I would spend my time looking into your beautiful eyes and challenging all who would come between us not taking pictures , You would never have to worry about personal carry as I would be right there to protect and serve your every wish and protect you to my very end. Instead of spending my time taking light pictures I would be shouting your praises from the rooftops. You name would soon be synonymous with Venus, Helen of Troy and Betty Davis. I would be the Hercules, Paris and Jason and Homer all in one praising your beautify and tolerance and wisdom all. Fred

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Before Sam has to have a shootout a high noon, let him give me some pointers first, his engraving and photography skills are top notch, just not sure of his shooting skills.

Saludos,
Carlos

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
I have that same flashlight and have to say it is top notch. Sam are you saying with those abs fittings I could use it as a good light source for pictures? I didn't know if that color of lighting would work or not. I know zero about taking a decent picture but know plenty of folks that do. That jam session looked like a good time.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have that same flashlight and have to say it is top notch. Sam are you saying with those abs fittings I could use it as a good light source for pictures? I didn't know if that color of lighting would work or not. I know zero about taking a decent picture but know plenty of folks that do. That jam session looked like a good time.
No not good for the main source of light, good for highlights

Saludos,
Carlos

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Where do I find the time? For one, I rarely watch television and am not interested in sports. If I'm not sleeping I'm engraving, drawing, doing photography or something fun :happyvise:

most people have no idea of the amount of wasted hours watching the boob tube. imagine, if you will, what folks could achieve by adopting your idea, and turning that same time to more enjoyable personal activities. amazing things could happen !