The Engraver Issue 103

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ahhhh someone beat me to the punch can't wait to read it

Saludos,

Carlos

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
So my wonderful wife and I were out looking at 1911s this last weekend while she was visiting me here in Seattle. HER IDEA!!! So we got to talking over lunch about what I would engrave on HER new 1911. I know the look on my face had to be priceless but she didn't miss a beat and proceeded to advise me that I can have one too...but she's ready to move up to a .45 ..... so after I regained my composure ( and bought her some cheesecake...she let me get some too) we went back to the apartment and spent TWO HOURS looking at designs, types of scrolls, font styles, and daisy's!!!! (She thought she wanted English Fine scroll on her 1911 with daisy's in the bouquets) ......................... Fast forward to today. I get a text telling me to call her ASAP!! Not the text you want to get in Seattle when home is in Phoenix.

Your FEGA magazine is here!!!! and the engraving I want is on the cover!!!!!! But you have to work the Daisy's in!!!! Sounded like a kid in the candy store!!!

Now where is that thread about copying others work????:thinking:;)

Donny

Last edited:

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
I've had many "favorite" magazines through the years - "The Engraver" is as close as I've come to standing next to the mail box waiting for the arrival of my favorite.
Thanks Andrew

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Does FEGA membership (how you get the magazine) cover a year from when you join or had one might as well wait til the new year? I want them books... looks awesome

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Does FEGA membership (how you get the magazine) cover a year from when you join or had one might as well wait til the new year? I want them books... looks awesome

If you join today you will receive the latest print and then continue for a year, so don't wait join today

Saludos,

Carlos

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wonderful issue as always. Thanks for what you do Andrew! And thanks to all who contributed. I need to get up off my butt and do the same. The magazine wouldn't be what it is without the wonderful contributions from engravers. Many of whom are members here.
Layne

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mine came yesterday and my wonderful wife hid it until we returned from supper! How sneaky can you get, but she knows everything stops when it arrives until it is thoroughly read, front to back.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Andrew keep up the good,really enjoy the Engraver and all the well written articles.:thumbsup: J.J.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
fega membership

Does anyone know who I can contact to get FEGA membership sorted.

I can't get the website to work for me:confused:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Dani

Good deal. Betty is a real gem.

If you can, save your pennies and get to a FEGA show in Las Vegas. It is there that you will see the true value of FEGA. And you will be blown away and inspired by all the engraving that you see.

Thanks again everyone. Keep sending photos and articles.......it's our magazine.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors