Petition to remove suppressors as NFA regulated items

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Up here in the great white north (Canada) anything that reduces the sound of a firearm report is considered a prohibited device. Do you think a marshmallow stuffed over the end of a Smith & Wesson would be considered a suppressor? In any case you probably won''t find any engraved ones in my neck of the woods.
Cheers
Don

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
As of August 1 (legally owned) suppressors are legal for hunting all game in Louisiana.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I purchased an MPA Murmur II .22 Suppressor back in February. It's supposed to take way less time with an NFA Trust vs an individual transfer. Some report 3-4 months vs 1 year or so as an individual. So far, I don't have it in my hands. Maybe it goes faster after the first one. :)

I do have some Winchester Subsonic .22 LR's ready to go when the time comes. All you hear is the clink-clink of the bolt slapping back and forth on a semi-auto. It should be fun to play with on my Browning Buckmark Bullseye that I installed an OD Green threaded barrel by Tactical Solutions. Also, my Sig Sauer SIG522 Classic with the folding stock.

The man that dies with the most toys wins! (I'm trying!) :)

Browning_Buckmark_TSbarrel_1000px.jpg

Last edited:

Darren

Elite Cafe Member
I love my little suppressors, there great fun. Really don't know why they where ever part of the NFA.
Had my tax stamps in about eight weeks, I hear there taking up to a year now. BATF rocks.

Last edited:

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

Very good your Whisper, I am going to buy like yours.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Being from Southern Colorado. Got my big game guide ticket at 18. String of mules to hunt the high country between Rye/San Isabel and north past Ouray/Montrose/Lake city into the book cliffs of Utah at the time. I am against the sound suppressor. When I have some out of state jackass shooting in my direction I want to know it as I am shooting back. Happened on many occasions, safety orange or not. And I needed to know. Fred

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Being from Southern Colorado. Got my big game guide ticket at 18. String of mules to hunt the high country between Rye/San Isabel and north past Ouray/Montrose/Lake city into the book cliffs of Utah at the time. I am against the sound suppressor. When I have some out of state jackass shooting in my direction I want to know it as I am shooting back. Happened on many occasions, safety orange or not. And I needed to know. Fred

Never thought of that but shooting at the range sure would be nice!

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Wasn't me Fred!
My dad used to hunt the high country and would tell stories of stolen/claimed deer, preparing me for the worst.
In '76, I downed my first mulie, over on Chalk mtn., Grand Mesa.
I left to get help and upon topping a rise on the way back I saw someone approaching my deer. I hollered at him to get away from him but the guy ignored me, so I put a .270 round about three feet away from him. The guy backed off.
After I got closer I saw that it was one of my compadres!
Gotta watch those danged Texicans!