deer buckle 002.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 229
  • deer buckle 001.jpg
    deer buckle 001.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 231

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nice & unique as well. am tryin my best to think of the wrist movements needed to create the design.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Monk
Take a 42-43 flat.
Dig in say the right side, rolling it to the left as you cut.
As you roll, the tool will hit the flat face and just keep on traveling forward as you keep rolling the tool up onto the left corner.
Picture driving your car , after a few drinks.
You cut the wheel to the left and get up on your right two wheels (right side of the graver).
You roll the steering wheel and come down on all four wheels (the graver is in full contact).
You keep turning the steering wheel, overcorrecting, and come up on your left two wheels (the left corner of the graver).
Keep travelling unttil your cut feathers out to a point, ( the beard of the wheat).
All this is done while slightly turning your ballvise clockwise , creating a pleasing curve
You can use this as an excuse to drink and cut.
Just tell your wife that its a Texican thang!

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
tyvm. i cut a lot with flats doing the same technique. but-- i roll out just before the flat is fully engaged in the cut. interesting border effects can be done using this motion in a non-stop or continuous motion. the wrist becomes so active cutting this way, i no longer try using a guideline. i just eyeball all the way. the one cut i did that way sort of resembles a fish leaping out of the water. # 4 in the foto. if you do this nonstop, without the graver lifting out, it's an interesting effect

Attachments

• #3-4.JPG
    #3-4.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 121

Sponsors