Victorian style Bond Arms derringer

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Holy C***, that's a 357 Magnum amount of detail work on a TINY canvas! Fantastique! The border treatments are impeccable. I love all of it!

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Many of today's contemporary artists, rely on the internet, networking and TV for new ideas/ inspiration.
As Texicans, we have an unfair advantage over others regarding the use of designing adjuncts.

Take a dozen greasy, homemade, hogshead tamales, combined with a liberal dose of the agave plant's nectar and the world becomes a "KALIDASCOPE" of images.
The trick is captuing these images before sobering up !

JakeW

WOW! That looks really cool. Different and unique compared to most gun engraving I have seen.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Otto, It's nice to see one of your derringers posted here. Having followed your work for a number of years, I'm sure there are quite a few forum members who may have never seen your engraving.
Thanks for posting it!
Layne

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the patterns, to me it looks there is a lot of Zentangle influence which I like also and these patterns are great for engraving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 175

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i like it, but it is a crazy collection of designs. what didyou do most of the cutting with ?

Elmer

I was blown away! i feel a strong south pacific style with a mexican accent. i really love the roses.... as a sufferer of Attention Deficit Disorder (tisk tisk) it satisfies my need to wander around the design and not get bored did i mention i love the roses....

i followed the link to your website and browsed the derringers... but i have a lot of studying to do. thanks for the inspiration.

Ive been too busy during summer, but as the weather starts getting cold again here in Alaska i will be thoroughly recharged and ready to start cutting again this fall....

your site is marked for easy reference in charging my creative energies

thanks again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors