hatchet job

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Catharine. I have done several Fire axes for retiring firemen. Hardest part is getting the handle out and back in so it looked like a professional job. After inserting the wedges I filled with amber clear epoxy. Fun to branch out isn't it. Fred

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree Fred! Cut half scroll, climb around handle, cut leaf, move to the other side, repeat. Been there before. Glad you did tested the waters Cloudy as I have one that's been waiting for me awhile now.
Layne

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A guy at the gun show tried to sell me George Washington's hatchet. He promised that it was all original except for the handle and head that had been replaced;)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
roger: was it signed by george ? man you could be wealthy by now ! i missed out on a serious chance one time- at a flea market/art show--a gent had about 20 "genuine" rolex watches for 30 bucks apiece. i never knew the rolex was shipped with imitation leather straps !

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cloudy- was this customer-supplied, or did you have to order it ? nice looker.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
You got me on that thread description. I was expecting an engraving job that went badly. I have a camp axe Just like this one, got it from Lee Valley. Never considered engraving it.I'm beginning to realize that anything can be embellished with engraving.
Cheers
Don

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This was sent to me by a customer, in case it could be engraved- test cut went fine and it's just a short handle! Did stay away from the cutting edge, as I know that would be hardened. It IS amazing what can be engraved that we just don't think of! (yet)

Latest posts

Sponsors