Finished the Bench!

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
I finally finished putting together my engraving bench. It’s an antique watchmaker’s bench with a lot of drawers. I obtained a 30 year old drill press stand, cut it down to size, sand blasted it, sanded, primed, and painted the now raw metal. It gives me a huge range to adjust for chair height and scope focus. The rest of the system is standard with an Airtact, 901 hand piece, etc. There is plenty of storage and everything is within reach. Now the fun begins. With everything at my fingertips I can concentrate on engraving. As you all know, as soon as someone finds out that you can engrave………… the list of jobs magically starts to grow. :biggrin:

Dan

Bench.jpg

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Dan, I just see one problem, you don't have enough cluttered tools lying around.

Saludos,

Carlos

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Mrthe,

There is a sticker [look just left of the microscope head] that shows this paticular bench was used in a U.S. Navy dept repair facility. I haven't done the research yet, but watch repair was an important occupational splecialty in all of the services until the digital age, and I plan to look up the depot shown on the sticker to see if I can get a feel for the history of the bench.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
beauty of a setup. clutter comes with experience== directly proportional to time at the bench !

Sponsors