A little engraving fun

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
This NAA revolver has been patiently waiting for me (except for an occasion call to me from above my engraving bench) to embellish for many years - even before I began engraving. The metal was not ideal to cut, but not too bad - and it was fun!

Attachments

• P1030756.jpg
    P1030756.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 335
  • A Little Fun.jpg
    A Little Fun.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 336
  • P1030754.jpg
    P1030754.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 331

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice little gun Gordon. Glad to hear it wasn't a bear to cut. I've had my eye on a few of these but was hesitant since I'd heard they were hard.
Good job.
Layne

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sweet! Interesting treatment on the tendrils here and there. Very nice work. Be proud. Great show piece for customers to see your skill and style. Fred

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks to every one for commenting.
Some "Engravers block" or "design block" has been going on lately, and simplifying things has definitely helped. Who was quoted here just a few days ago - "revert to Nimschke when all seems too tough" (I paraphrase).
And it will be great to carry in a pocket to show my work.
Thanks,
Gordon

Last edited:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I engraved one back in the 80"s when they first came out....a BEAR to cut! maybe the metal is different today, or my technique or tools were not right. Any way, I'll be trying one later.

Bill

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,
I used the c-max and carbalt xd gravers on this revolver, with a dubbed tip most of the time. There are many other metals that are much more fun to engrave, but there are definitely much worse out there than these guns, that can still be engraved (but are not much fun). I'd put this metal on the tolerable (and above) to engrave list.

Latest posts

Sponsors