My first properly engraved knife

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
A few months ago I finished my first properly engraved knife. It is a Totenkniv (meaning knife from Toten), and belongs to a long lasting tradition of knifes and knifemakers.

This is the "wonder."

WP_20140630_14_39_40_Pro.jpg

www.photobeamer.com.jpg

Everything is engraved the old fasioned way, by palm push.

The scabbard is made from 925 silver, as is the metalwork on the handle. The handle itself is made from ebony, with an inlay made from tooth of wale, as well as brass- and silver thread. The blade is hand forged, threelayer steel, sharpened to a scandinavian edge.

Everything but the blade is made by me. The blade was forged by my little brother.

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nicely done I've seen these somewhere they were on a show, meaning that style of knife, I just can't recall where

Saludos,

Carlos

Hot Knobs

Elite Cafe Member
Scabbards

Terrezar, very well done metal scabbard we call them a sheath here in the US. your knife designs are much different than ours, I really do like it all goes together very well. I am a knife maker here not an engraver, I make some California knife replicas that have metal sheaths, will post a picture, show us a picture of the knife out of the scabbard. Deane

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 188

Terrezar

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos
Turing the late 1800 and the early 1900 thousands of knives were sold from Norway to Amerika, and most of those knives came from Toten. A lot of those knives looks a lot similar to this one. Maby you saw one of them? Thanks for your comment.

Hot Knobs
I edited the original to include a picture of the blade as well. Thanks for your comment, and nice knives.

Latest posts

Sponsors