Fun with graver handles

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Patron Tool handle.jpg
Need more graver handles? Drink more tequila!
Supplies needed: 1 750ml bottle of Patron tequila (silver or gold) 2. a metal tube of some sort with an i.d. of 1/4" 3. that's it

Step 1: empty tequila bottle either by pouring it down the sink or in the following formula.
1oz.cointreau
2oz.tequila
3/4oz lime juice
shake with ice, serve in glass with salted rim.
Repeat this formula until bottle is completely empty and preferably on a patio, or next to a pool.
Step 2.SAVE THE CORK!
Step 3. if you're going to use a QC tool holder then cut the end of you metal tube to fit the tool holder.
Step 4. Drill a hole in the cork slightly smaller than your metal tube.
Step 5. press metal tube into cork.
Step 6. go but another bottle, because you know, tools and stuff.

Enjoy your summer.:biggrin:

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Metal tube will contribute to longevity. But I have champaign corks and wood just drilled to fit the qc and going strong about 7 yrs now.
Initially done because I liked a much shorter tool for push. Assisted didnt make much diference the length.
I'll say the metal tube certainly looks slicker. And tequila definitely goes down easier than the champaign.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
due to the toxic nature of tequila most local laws frown upon dumping the stuff down the drain. drink the stuff. the next morning, you'll be amazed at how your engraving looks ! at least the agave worm has a bit of protein in it.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
and it's clearly in the 'spirit' of "reuse, recycle, repurpose"!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Today I was doing a bit of gold inlay and I decided to make myself a brass flat for scraping the inlays down. Having just read this thread yesterday I drilled a hole in a wine cork and used it for the handle. Works great - thanks!

Sponsors