What is everyone up to today?

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My garage /studio doesn't look like that. it might be a bit tough going to work tomorrow. Well done my friend. Almost as nice as your Art.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm engraving a retirement piece for a NYSP Sargent. Including a bulino badge... It's a SW 686+.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
Are those drawer units you have next to the work bench and in front of the garage doors the ones you posted about not too long ago. They look nice and useful. I envy your organizational skills.

Cheers
Don

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
Well, "TODAY" is now yesterday. I moved a ~400 lb car engine out of my basement so I can break it in on a test stand. TODAY, I'll give my back a break and work on some lettering and maybe start watching Mr. The's HOBO nickel DVD.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam,
Are those drawer units you have next to the work bench and in front of the garage doors the ones you posted about not too long ago. They look nice and useful. I envy your organizational skills.

Cheers
Don

Don: Yes, those are the drawer units. Actually I have zero organizational skills. Thank goodness I have Abigail to keep me straight or I'd be buried in clutter! :confused:

mrthe

A great Idea for the Next Dvd : How to Organize and Optimize your Benchwork/Studio Space by Abigail Alfano XD

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm engraving a Remington No.2 single shot rifle with German black leaf and a woodchuck on the right side.:thumbsup: J.J.

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Engraving vice table

20140707_190902.jpg I just finished modifying/reconditioning a 30 year old drill press stand. It got the whole beauty makeover. Cut down, cleaned, sandblasted, sanded, primed, painted, and set up to serve as my new vice table. It smells like fresh paint instead of 30 year old gear oil. Everything works and it should be a big improvement over my current setup.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Got back from a week's morris dancing tour to Italy last night. Spent the morning catching up with emails, etc. Started cutting an 18k white gold Rolex Daytona with English scroll this afternoon. This watch engraving lark is soooooo much easier than guns and after 36 years gun engraving it's great to have such a fab change of direction!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been cleaning up and rearranging things in the garage. Finished a piece that I will post in another thread and am now paying bills and catching up the books..........ugh:(

krisf

nice to hear from everyone, today we decided to put our house on the market so hopefully in the next few weeks i can finish the buckle i started when i got back from grs then I need to cut up a anchor for a wedding gift ,all that in between fixing up the little things for some curb appeal. we are moving into our old house mortgage free, that has a awesome basement so already thinking of the size of the room and framing ill be doing. air outlets on each wall, set up a few benches, new tv with camera light table, mabey a couch, it will be a "gravers-cave"

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
We had our grandkids with us for last 3 weeks up in New Mexico, a 3 and 6 year old that don't understand being quiet. Yesterday we survived a 7 hour trip home that normally takes 6 hours, today we are enjoying quiet time, extremely quiet time.

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
I have been working on rebuilding my grandpa's old Little Giant Power Hammer, getting it ready to sell. It is really looking good. Almost to the end, just putting it back together.

Mike

Sponsors