What is everyone up to today?

phil

Elite Cafe Member
I'm on holiday in Portugal with nothing to do and all day to do it. Except of course for a little beer drinking and sunbathing.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Happy B-Day Fred! I'm playing around with some stainless Spidercos. Nice to cut. I'll have to post one as they come off the block.
Layne

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Fred your old. LOL. Congratulation on reaching a mile stone or mill stone of life. I guess it is all in how you look at it. ;) :clapping: :tiphat:
Sandy

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
I'm carving on a William Henry knife with stainless steel scales, shibuichi inlay. Next up, some gold inlay.

And Happy Birthday, Fred!

Tom

Andrew Biggs

I just finished watching the world cup semi final football match between Brazil and Germany......A score that no one predicted!!!!!

Now I'm onto another watch case that needs engraving.

Fred.......Happy Birthday. I knew you were an old fart.......but not that old!! Congratulations. Big hug to you both :)

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Abigail and I have just completed our garage-to-studio makeover. Just finished today, although there are still a few things yet to be done.

my_bench-sm.jpg my_bench2-sm.jpg curtain-sm.jpg student_bench-sm.jpg

mrthe

Congratulation Sam !!!
Your Studio look super , snd like a new car ... too clean hehe

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
At the time I put in my drill press stand setup, my wife would not allow me bolt it to the floor...

It is hardwood that is covered with plywood and then linoleum to protect it from shop "accidents". Fires, explosions and the like :)

In case the place goes up for sale someday, it can be easily stripped back to the hardwood.

Anyway, the bench with all the tools in/on it probably weighs well over 500 pounds.

So I made a collar to fit the top of the pipe and mounted it underneath the bench.

Then cut the pipe to be about 1/8" taller than would clear the bench.

Used a couple hydraulic jacks to lift the bench, put the pipe into position under the socket, and lowered the bench down onto it.

No vibration at all, no bolts in the floor. Kept peace in the family for a while longer...

Brian

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The curtains covering the garage door are made from painter's drop cloths, and we made the curtain rods from black iron pipe. :D

Latest posts

Sponsors