4th of July

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Happy Independence Day! (Three of my relatives fought in the Revolutionary War as Patriots to help form the USA. They were part of the 3% who did.) :)

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dave,I was out at the Snake River Canyon in 1974 to see Evil Kenevil fly over the canyon,I wish I had time to share the story of the trip.Petty wild time. J.J.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member

Some "firework" pictures from my tour of Vietnam.
Fighters taking on a bunker in I Corp

C4 clearing an LZ

A BBQ of napalm

Bringing in a little more fighter action

Sitting back and enjoying the fireworks

This is what bamboo looks like after a few bombs blasted the place.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Happy Independence Day! (Three of my relatives fought in the Revolutionary War as Patriots to help form the USA. They were part of the 3% who did.)

Some of my relatives fought for independence also, three brothers, and their descendants still live on the land received as compensation for their service, 2500 acres in eastern North Carolina. I grew up on the land and helped farm it and hunt on it.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Happy Independence Day! (Three of my relatives fought in the Revolutionary War as Patriots to help form the USA. They were part of the 3% who did.)

Some of my relatives fought for independence also, three brothers, and their descendants still live on the land received as compensation for their service, 2500 acres in eastern North Carolina. I grew up on the land and helped farm it and hunt on it.

My 4th Great Grandfather fought in North Carolina as a Mariner with the rank of Lt. Colonel:

Warrant #60, was issued September 12, 1789 for four hundred fifty acres of bounty land, on account of the service of John Armstrong, Lieutenant Colonel of the North Carolina, War of the Revolution.

(I want to file the paperwork and join the Sons of the American Revolution) :)

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Our land is in the Jasper community outside New Bern, NC. I'm still researching and trying to get the legal paperwork, but these things take time. I have a copy of a deed that locates boundaries with tree stumps and creek lines. Of course, those lines are gone or moved after over 200 years. But, research is ongoing.