vanes for a gravermiester

marz

does anyone know of where i can find em .. i was cleaning mine and doughhh forgot to unplug it and hit the switch ..

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
grstools.com they would almost certainly have replacement parts.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Always unplug machinery before beginning disassembly reassembly. Words of wisdom. I feel your pain. Let me count the times I have done something knowing that I shouldn't have and have suffered the wrath of the machinery gods.
GRS can save the day.
Good luck
Don

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
If, for some reason GRS doesn't have vanes, you may be able to get a small sheet of micarta from an outfit like McMaster-Carr. When I tore down my Gravermeister for a check, in which everything was OK, I saw that the vanes were made out of this stuff. Be advised that micarta comes in paper based, canvas based, linen based, and possibly other compositions. Mine were a light brown color, base unknown, but these are commonly used for bearings. If you go this route, resist the temptation to cut and sand down to size, to guard against particulates being embedded in the micarta. . .use a new, sharp file. Also, check the thickness with micrometer, as the vanes must move freely. I would think, though, GRS would have parts.

marz

still lookin .. looks to me and friends as though its just a carbon vane.. no layering ..and true black in coulor.. ill no more at the start of next week.. but ny more ideas would be grt ive emailed grs..

Latest posts

Sponsors