someday your prints will come

mrthe

Nice! this remember me my days like student at the academy of fine Arts!!!
Use a more thick plate next time to avoid the extra deep on the paper, but look very nice!
Will be great engrave a plate like business card and print them in this way, i was thinking on it time ago but press like this are not cheap.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i did some print work about a thousand years ago and really enjoyed it. i've always intended to get back to it, but we all know how that goes....

nice work, Catherine! at a glance, you'll want to either start using much thinner plates and/or rounding off edges. thick, sharp/square edges can stretch out and cut the blankets.

www.cronite.com is a good source for steel plates, etc. btw- you have NEVER engraved anything so deliciously compliant. cuts like buttah. i wish they made knife bolsters & guns out of that stuff!

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Cloudy,What Model 906 etching press did Tom buy,one cost $846.00 and bench model cost $249.00 what is the deference between the two press's? J.J.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great print Cloudy
When I was a student doing printmaking, we either used copper plates which can get expensive or zinc plates that we bout someplace in Manhattan. The zinc actually cut pretty good usind the dry point technique or with acid.

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The plates I used were just for engraving- I took them to show Tom and he offered to print them. If I was doing this with prints as the end result (which I will do now) I'll certainly use thinner stock

Latest posts

Sponsors