Big Job

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Colt .45 x 2

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think I'm seeing double...

Thanks for sharing I like the shading of the leaves.

You should make a video of you inlaying the gold, even if its in your very nicely edited version, I've got the duck inlay video you made, you should do another for the lines you do, they look flawless

Last edited:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice! :thumbsup: Can you give a couple details? Do you turn the cylinder and barrel on a lathe to cut your channels for the gold? Are the pistols consecutively numbered? Are they 3rd generation Colts?

Donny

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone for the kudos.
To answer DONNY's questions:
No...I do not turn the channels on a lathe. I cut them freehand. The pistols are not consecutive.
They are newer Colt's so....yes: 3rd Gen.
Also----the factory grips are absolutely horrible. That's why I've truncated the photos.
It's so hard to understand why a Colt SAA is only available through their Custom Shop, costs a ton of money and the quality of fit and finish is so damned poor.
If this was a pre-Evolution Harley-Davidson , it would leak oil.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Brian!

I was on gunbroker the other night trying to locate a SAA. I have to admit the original draw for me to engrave was Colt SAA's... growing up on the Lone Ranger and all the other westerns on TV I was all about learning to engrave them! Now I find myself ready to give it a go and the Prices are through the roof! Just stupid money for one. Luckily I have found other ways to enjoy my engraving....

Thanks again for the info!

Donny

Latest posts

Sponsors