Cloudy, Our Multifaceted Member!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello Fourm Members!

Our own Cloudy is being featured in an article on the cover of Popular Woodworking, August 2014 edition. The article is called "Bucket Bench in a Weekend - Pimp Your Pine With Simple Faux Graining" and is in the magazine on pp. 51-54. A short bit about the article may be found here: Painted Bucket Bench on the Popular Woodworking website.

Many of our members are multifaceted, and Cloudy is certainly that. She is a Journeyman Carpenter (Carpenters' Union 4 year apprenticeship program). She also was the Lead Woodworking Demonstrator for 19th Century Hand Tool Joinery at the Hancock Shaker Village in Massachusetts for 12 years. Here is more information on the Shaker Village.

It's great to have such talent on the Cafe! Go Cloudy!

mrthe

Great !!! thank you for the Info ,Cloudy is a great artist and a very nice person!

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
I recall admiring those engraved tools Cloudy has posted in the past. I had no idea that she also knew how to use them.
Keep up the great work. Thanks
Regards
Don

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am surprised too, not that I underestimated Cloudy but I thought only at engraving.
Congratulations to this article Catharine :clapping:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congrats to Cloudy!! That's really cool!

Cloudy's been to two of my classes so I've had two enjoyable weeks with her. She's smart, interesting, funny, and a relentless punster!

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well deserved Cloudy! I would say,
Cloudy and I had hours of Skype conversations when I did teach here using a Wacom tablet and Illustrator.
She is absolutely a very nice friendly person.
So she is certainly a good choice, go for it!

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors