Jumbo pin plates for vises

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Aaron McMichael is making a really nice set of pin plates that fit GRS engraving vises. If you're engraving large items, this could be a great solution for hard-to-hold articles. They are beautifully machined with standard size pin holes. He also makes one with through-holes for molding items with Thermo-Loc.

The standard Jumbo Pin Plate sets are $175 and the Thermo-Loc model is $250, and they will fit the GRS Magnablock, Low Profile Vise, and Positioning Vise. They will not fit the GRS Standard Block.

For more info email Aaron directly at aaron.mcmichael@gmail.com

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg
THERMO-LOC model

IMG_5401.jpg
Underside view.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice! When you think you have everything you might need someone comes out with this. ..

Saludos,

Carlos

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I own a LeTourneau and the GRS tops will fit, but not quite perfectly.

You'd have to thump fairly hard on the double pin side to get it seated.

Which means you are not going to easily remove it - once it's jammed in there.

You could probably relieve the pins enough with a sanding stick to overcome that...???

I'm fairly sure that Aaron McMichael would entertain an offer if you wanted a special set made?

It's only a few thousandths off. All that can happen is that he says yes... or he says no...

Write him, offer to send him your bottom jaws and ask.

Brian

It may also be that I have an odd LeTourneau? They were, after all, not produced by the thousands...

Pistol barrel holding attachment

This is the latest up date on the Jumbo pin plates. Holds 3" to 7" pistol barrels up to .45 cal. $250.00 for the set.

Last edited:

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
Aaron, thanks for the jaws - pieces of jewelry in themselves! Perfect.